3-D CBCT Dental Imaging System
Dental Cone Beam Tomography (CBCT) is a specialized type of x-ray that provides more information than conventional dental or facial x-rays. This computerized scan uses advanced technology to generate three-dimensional (3-D) images.
The benefits of a Dental CBCT scan are that it:
- Provides 3-D images of dental structures, soft tissues, nerve paths and bone which are considerably more detailed than conventional two-dimensional dental x-rays.
- Allows for more precise diagnosis and treatment planning.
- Is simple and comfortable to take and can diagnostically image both bone and soft tissue simultaneously.
Dental CBCT scans are commonly used to:
Evaluate the position of teeth, bone structure, jaw joints and the airway.
- Accurate placement of implants
- Surgical planning for the removal of impacted wisdom teeth
- 3-D orthodontic evaluation
- Complex root canal diagnosis and treatment